- This event has passed.
‘House of Houses’, A ‘Leaves of Southwell’ Conference
4 September All day
Join an international team of expert speakers to explore a vast array of fascinating topics including:
- Medieval cross-slabs
- Masons’ marks
- The surviving medieval glass found in the Minster
- The challenges and recent discoveries from the restoration of the Chapter House.
The day will provide the latest updates from the Chapter House by Cathedral Archaeologist, Prof. Philip Dixon and Prof. Chris Brooke and will culminate in a plenary chaired by Prof. Michael Jones.
- John McNeill: ‘Southwell’s 13th century extension and the Lexington (Laxton) family’
- Jenny Alexander: ‘Building the Southwell Chapter House: the evidence of the mason’s marks’
- Peter Ryder: ‘Medieval cross slabs: deciphering the code’
- Allan Barton: ‘The surviving medieval glass in the Minster’
- Peter Coffman: ‘Tradition, Innovation and Design Harmony across the (Middle) Ages at Southwell’
- David Carrington: ‘The challenges and discoveries of the recent restoration work at Chapter House’
- Updates from the Chapter House by Professor Chris Brooke and Cathedral Archaeologist, Professor Philip Dixon
Tickets cost £10. Please note that this conference will be hosted online on Microsoft Teams and a link will be sent to you in due course.
For further information and booking go to https://www.southwellminster.org/events/event/leaves-conference/