On Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 18:30 Dr Ismini Pells of The Centre for English Local History at the University of Leicester will deliver her second talk of the series Generals, Soldiers and Veterans of the English Civil War.
The relationship between the soldier and the state has always been something like that of spouses in a tempestuous relationship: neither seemingly able to live with or without the other. This talk will explore the military experiences of soldiers in the English Civil War and their interactions with the state powers for whom they fought.
The talks, debates or lectures can be found on our dedicated Crowdcast channel: https://www.crowdcast.io/nam-members&patrons. The events will be broadcast live and you can partake in the Question and Answer session at the end of the talk. Equally, you may choose to view a recording at a later time.
To register for this event, please use the following instructions:
- Go to the Crowdcast channel by clicking on the following link: https://www.crowdcast.io/nam-members&patrons
Here you will find the list of our planned events. Please note, these events are for members and patrons only.
- Click on the event “Generals, Soldiers and Veterans of the English Civil War (lecture 2/3).
On the right-hand side, please enter the password 6sYqnCpd and press enter.
- You will be invited to ‘Join Event’ by entering your email address. Click the box to agree to Crowdcast’s terms and conditions then ‘Join Event’.
- Once you have entered your name you will receive an email confirming your registration and a link to the event. A reminder email will also be sent to you ten minutes before it starts.
- If you wish to be informed about upcoming talks, “follow” the page. Emails will be sent automatically to you.
If you are having any technical difficulties in using Crowdcast you may find assistance with their quick reference guide.
Further information from Helen Chalmers, Patron and Membership Manager email@example.com