On Saturday 28th October 2017 between 2.00 – 5.00 in the State Chamber, Southwell Minster there will be a conference on the subject of Britain and Palestine 1917-2017
Arrive from 1.00pm for tea and coffee and a chance to visit the related exhibition in Southwell Minster
This FREE conference in beautiful Southwell will explore the history and lasting legacy of Britain’s role in Palestine/Israel since the Balfour Declaration of 1917.
It is for all who would like to know more about the impact of Britain’s promised support for a national home for Jews on land belonging to the Palestinian people and who would like to explore possible ways forward from the present impasse. Everyone is welcome.
The conference will include:
- A showing of the film produced by the Balfour Project see www.thebalfourproject.org
- Address ‘The Promised Land?’ by Prof. Mary Grey, Roman Catholic liberation theologian and Trustee of the Balfour Project
- Ample time for questions, debate and discussion
- Coffee, tea, biscuits provided
- Optional final act of worship
Getting there: Car parking is available in Southwell at the end of Bishop’s Drive or the pay and display car park in Church Street Bus – Pathfinder 100 (half-hourly) from King Street, Nottingham Bus – 28 or 29 from Bay D, Newark Bus Station; 28 from Bay K, Mansfield Bus Station
To register interest/find or find out more, please either tel:0115 952 1802 Or: 0115 965 2948 or e mail email@example.com