2019 marks the 50th anniversary of Sunday League cricket, which for the first 18 years was sponsored by John Player & Sons.
We would like to celebrate this milestone by remembering the various links between one of Nottingham’s biggest employers and the sport of cricket in general – and we’d like you to get involved:
- Did you play cricket for any of the John Player teams, or in any of the company’s competitions?
- Did you play against Players, at their company sports ground on Aspley Lane?
- Did you watch any Nottinghamshire matches or benefit matches at “Players’ Rec”?
- Have you got any John Player cigarette cards featuring famous cricketers?
- Did you go to any Sunday League matches at Trent Bridge during the ‘John Player era’?
If you have any memories you’d like to share, or any photographs, scorecards or other memorabilia that we could see, we’d really like to hear from you!
Please email your name and phone numbers to email@example.com and we’ll contact you for more information.
Thank you for your interest, and your help!