WEA East Midlands is running a course at Rumbletums Cafe, 2a Victoria Street, Kimberley NG16 2NH to examine the fascinating relationship of Ireland with the British Isles and Europe. The course will run from 3:15pm to 4:45pm every Tuesday from 19th September to 21 November (10 meetings).
- Ancient texts such as the Book of Kells form part of the study.
- The takeover of Ireland by Scandinavians and Normans is worthy of debate.
- Ireland’s role in the dynastic struggles and the English Civil War are important, with connections to the East Midlands
- The course will finish with the development and implementation of the Protestant Ascendancy and how that lead to significant change.
- Charismatic figures like Wolf Tone and Oliver Cromwell will be amongst the individuals included.
The course tutor, Ann Parker, was a lecturer in the Adult Education Department of Nottingham University. A specialist in modern history, Ann has worked with the Atlantic Council, the Defence Academy and NATO.
The course fee is £57.75 and is FREE to those on benefits.
More information from WEA East Midlands, 39 Mapperley Road, Nottingham NG3 5AQ
Phone 0115 9628400 or 0300 303 3464